Private Birth Classes includes private 1-on-1 classes tailored to your unique goals, and to your schedule. Perhaps you have done a lot of research on your own, or maybe you are starting fresh. Either way.- you are in the right place. Private Classes offer you the opportunity to connect with me as someone who is available to answer your questions in a non-hurried, reassuring way. Sessions are 1-2 hours long and take place on zoom, or in person for those in 5 Towns (travel fee applies outside 5T).
Includes everything that is included in the 4 hours of coaching package plus..
+ Healing from birth - and how to care for oneself
+ Normal newborn behaviors and basic newborn care
+ Feeding baby 101 - the basics of breastfeeding or bottle/formula feeding (based on parents' preference)
+ Understanding and honoring the transition to parenthood
+ Postpartum planning
- The anatomy of the pregnant body
- The birth process and how it works
- Comfort measures to cope with contractions, including "natural" methods as well as the process of getting an epidural
- When to go to the hospital or place of birth
- Information about common interventions and how to navigate your options
- The pushing stage and meeting your baby, indications for a cesarean section
- The immediate postpartum recovery period - what is normal physical and emotional changes vs. red flags
If you're in the last month of pregnancy and have just realized that you want to know what to expect - this is for you. This crash course will give you the need to know basics for your birth including:
- How to know when you are in labor
- When to go to the hospital
- Basic comfort measures
- Epidural use for pain relief
- Pushing and meeting your baby
- Immediate postpartum recovery + red flags
"I just wanted to thank you for the incredible experience you provided for Jacob and I through your class. I think it's pretty clear I was set on getting an epidural and hadn't given much thought otherwise, I just assumed that was what I would do. Your class though has given me such perspective to really think about what I want my birth experience to be like and it has empowered me to feel like I can at least go into it trying to give birth naturally without an epidural. You have completely changed how I feel about the birth process for the better, and I have been taking much more time to prepare and learn now which i feel good about. i especially appreciate though, how balanced your approach is and I think more than I realized going into the class, your "hashgafa" about birth was a great fit for us. Even if i end up getting an epidural, i'm happy to feel like i would come to that decision from a thoughtful place and will hopefully feel good about it at the time and not like i failed or regret it. Thank you for all of your guidance and unique perspectives."